Wednesday 4 May 2011

I hate facebook but will you still be my friend? Please? Pretty Please...

I'm sorry I just do. I can see why it would be useful. I just don't like it. I don't understand it. I had an account but I deactivated it today. The idea of asking / begging for friends. The idea of being accepted as a friend or not. The idea of being defriended. The idea of counting virtual friends. I love blogging, I love reading blogs, I like Delicious and Library thing. I think RSS feeds are useful. I have a smart phone (one week old....happy birthday babe!) I have downloaded my first app. Get me and my App! (My Track in case you're interested  - maps your run, where, how far, heart rate, etc) but I HATE Facebook.

3 comments:

  1. I'll think about it! Ha! Friend is an unfortunate term. It is meaningless in Facebook terms. Unless, you are a teenager and being unfriended is a form of bullying. I have just RSS'ed a link to my facebook account. That was useful. Now I can bore my "friends" and family even more. Cool App. My phone has Walkmate. just distance and steps. I also have Track Id. But it never recognises songs I am singing, I wonder why???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have to know what you want from Facebook and stick to it, I have refused 'friends'but these were not actually my friends in the real world and they were not people that I would have wanted to know my business! So I am really strict about my use of Facebook and my privacy settings. My problem with Facebook is that they never leave things alone - they have a habit of 'improving' things just as you get used to them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I joined the other day I've been coming across people with 450 odd friends - and one with 700 odd. Not possible. However 'friend' is used very loosely as Beano said- as someone told me the other day - its just a way of saying hello to people - but it also feels like being inside everyone's phone. Weird.

    ReplyDelete