Friday 6 May 2011

Library Thing

I joined Library Thing 2 years ago and its slick - but I keep forgetting to update and I have found myself weirdly uninterested in recommendations or what other people think of the book. It's information overload. I read the Booker Blog intensely each year for about 2 months coming up to the award as I read the shortlist every year and love the discussion and the argument for a short amount of time by a small amount of people on a small amount of books. But I do like Library thing  - it's an excuse for another list. I love lists. Ticking off a list gives me great pleasure. So I see this as an electronic list to go along with my other paper and pen ones. I also keep a handwritten list of books I read. There, I admitted it too. I will explore it more from the library point of view though.
I have asked Library Thing to change my user name and it may take a week for them to do that apparently as I join a queue so I'll link to my page when that is done. For now here are pictures of my "real" Library Thing as opposed to my "Virtual" one. I have books in every room in my house. I have them on the floor,  in the loo, over my wardrobe, in the hallway. They are not in Dewey order but there is  an order to them - fiction, non-fiction, college material, Irish language, history and all authors are together.

2 comments:

  1. At least you have some order to yours - mine are all over the place...I feel a summer project coming on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of Library Thing. I will finally be able to "see" my book collection. I have added some titles already and am delighted to see reviews and comments.

    ReplyDelete